| | |
| | |
Dr. Raymond R. Danley
• Doctorate, Ph.D., from the University of Toronto, 1980
• Associate of the Royal Conservatory of Toronto (ARCT) in vocal performance
• Canadian Citizen, married to Vickie, one son, Jason
RESUME OF BARBERSHOP ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS AT THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
• Joined the Society, then SPEBSQSA, in 1957
• Worked with a select team organized by the Director of Musical Activities, Bob Johnson, to write
the Society’s first Chorus Director’s Manual in 1973
• Semifinalist in the International Quartet Competition for 7 consecutive years (1973-1979) singing
baritone in “The Canadian Heritage”
• Faculty of Harmony College teaching chorus directors 1976-1982
• Helped develop, plan and teach at Director’s College 1983-1985
• Key Note Address at the Director’s College 1984
• Directed the “Dukes of Harmony” to 5 medals in international chorus competition including 2 gold
medals - 1977 in Philadelphia, 1980 in Salt Lake City
• Certified CDWI (Chorus Director Workshop Intensive) facilitator in 2010
• Joe Liles Lifetime Achievement Award presented live at the International Convention in Kansas City
• Selected as one of the top chorus directors across the society to contribute to “Visions of
Excellence: A Dialog with the Finest Directors from the Barbershop Harmony Society” compiled by
• Cruise Chorus Director for “Harmony at Sea 2015” organized by Cindy Hansen, with The Musical
Island Boys and Tim Waurick
and I are safely back home in Ontario at Harmony Ranch.
not at all like warm, sunny Port Charlotte but at least the snow
gone. Can't thank you enough for the warmth and good times
shared with everyone for the past 6 months.
singing every day. More important use your learning tracks
don't sing - just listen while you sing silently and follow the notes.
all got some great fun times ahead.
forward to November.
in touch and let me know what's happening.
"Keep the Whole World Singing"
Copyright 2016 SCS